New Intake Day and Parents’ Evening – Tuesday 4th July 2017
The time has come to welcome your child to Wyvern and to give you a little more information about forthcoming arrangements to ensure a successful transition.
New Intake Day
Year 6 pupils will visit us on Tuesday 4th July 2017 and the arrangements for the day are as follows:
- Pupils from our feeder schools, Fair Oak Junior, Stoke Park Junior, Upham, Durley should arrive at 9.30 a.m. and go to the Hall.
- Pupils who attend non-feeder schools (all other schools) should arrive at 8.30 a.m. and go to Wyvern Windows, as they will spend some time together before the main programme starts.
- The day will finish at 2.30 p.m. for all students. If your child comes from a non feeder school then they should wait in the Hall to be collected. Feeder schools will arrange the return of their children.
- If you would like your child to walk home, or you would like them to be collected by a sibling, please let us know beforehand by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Non feeder parents should come in and collect their children, rather than wait in the car park.
- Pupils should wear their present school uniform.
- Pupils can either bring a packed lunch or purchase a set-menu lunch priced £2.10 from our cafeteria system. The menu will be chicken korma with rice (gluten free) or macaroni cheese with garlic bread or sweet and sour oriental vegetables with rice. Dessert will be apple crumble and custard (a gluten free version is also available) or strawberry jelly or fruit salad.
- If your child is at a feeder school and has free school meals, the feeder school will notify us of this so that we can provide a free meal on the day. If your child is at a non-feeder school and has free meals, please can you let our Finance Office know so that we can ensure they receive a free meal too. You can email them at email@example.com or contact us on the above number, extension 261, and ask for Mrs Sharp.
- Skoolkit will be in school from 2.00-6.00 p.m. so you can try on and purchase uniform.
- We also have good quality second hand uniform which is free of charge so please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
Drop in session for parents/guardians
If there’s anything you are unsure of, or you have any questions or concerns about how your child is going to settle in, or you simply want to meet the Pastoral team or seek the advice of our Family Support Worker, come along to one of our drop in sessions on 4th July 2017, at either 1.45 p.m. or 5.15 p.m. Refreshments will be available; we look forward to seeing you there.
New Intake Parents’ Evening
Parents are invited to attend a Parents’ Evening on Tuesday 4th July 2017 in order to obtain vital information, the evening will start promptly at 6 pm and finish promptly at 7 pm. The arrangements for the evening are as follows:
- Only parents should attend the intake evening; unfortunately we don’t have the capacity for children as well.
- Please allow sufficient time for parking as the site will be busy.
- There will be an opportunity for you to inform us of any specific dietary requirements regarding your child during the evening, and we will also be supplying copies of our menus along with food samples for you to try.
- A member of the Finance team will be available on the night.
- Our Welfare Officer will also be available for you to speak to.
Cashless catering and internet payments
During the intake evening, you will be given a number of forms to complete and return. One of which will be a consent form so that we can take a biometric finger reading from your child on the first day of term in September.
We use biometric finger readings for our cashless catering system, which can be topped up using cash, cheque or via internet payment. When a student uses either the canteen or tuck area their finger will be scanned, which then automatically deducts the purchases from their balance.
We also use biometric finger reading in the school library for the borrowing of books. We would encourage all parents to make use of our biometric systems as they are completely secure and the data is used for these purposes only. Further details will be given out on intake evening.
Skoolkit are our recommended suppliers and they will be at Wyvern on intake day/evening (from 2.00 p.m. until 6.00 p.m.) The Skoolkit price list and Wyvern’s uniform list is enclosed.
Stationery and lockers
We are able to supply calculators, aprons and language dictionaries (students will study French in September). Lockers are issued on a first come first served basis. Order forms for these items will be available at the new intake evening (it is advisable to leave payment for lockers with us on the night – £7.50 a year or £33.75 for 5 years).
First day of term
- The first day for Year 7 is Monday 4th September 2017 and they will start with us at 11.00 a.m. You should bring your child to the Hall on the first day.
- Our caterers are offering a free lunch to all Year 7 (on first day of term). The menu for that day will be minced beef lasagne with garlic bread or 2 sausages (gluten free option available) and mashed potatoes, peas and carrots or vegetable curry with rice (gluten free) followed by jam and coconut sponge and custard or strawberry jelly.
Do You Need Any Help or Advice?
If you require any help or advice about Wyvern, your initial contact is Mrs Bowler, Admin Co-ordinator, on 023 80 692679 or email@example.com. Most questions will, I am sure, be answered on Tuesday 4th July 2017 but if you wish to contact us before then, please do not hesitate to do so.
If you require help and advice about transport and travel, please contact